What killed this group?

DervMan ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My budget agreed with my heart. Which is why I'm driving a C900 T16 with aircon.

Your head needs help.

Reply to
Adrian

Correct. Regardless of taste, people still want it.

Somebody at the office chopped in their Audi S3 for a ZR 2.0 diesel. "Oh I bought the S3 back in May but it's been too expensive to run, my ZR is as quick* but British** and cheaper to run."

*coughing fit. **hacking up and coughing fit.
Reply to
DervMan

Why? Massive depreciation from new, cheap to service, insure and fuel, decent seats (with the right specification), an excellent tow car and you can park it anywhere.

Reply to
DervMan

Grunf bought a BMW.

Yeah, where the heck is Dave...

Reply to
Fred W

Yeah, American cars no longer have rear leaf suspension. Other than that...

Reply to
still me

The MG Z cars was a bold move. It worked for a while, but time went on and there were no replacements on the horizon, while their competitors had undergone several transformations. That was in particular a problem for ZR and ZS. The cars looked more and more like Halfords tarted up bangers.

Reply to
johannes

It's a good car on paper. Only problem I have is that there are three of them in my Close, all same silver colour...

Reply to
johannes

On the one hand that's great. On the other that's not so great.

Either way, I didn't get a Mondeo. That's partially because the TDCi is expensive, partially because I was fussy over specification and partially because the Saab was a nice pretty blue colour.

It is expensive - very - to service. But I do like it. Pity Charlie doesn't.

Reply to
DervMan

It was a Ricardo designed engine.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

The old 9-3 had a GM diesel 2.2L, the new one has the Alfa derived

1.9L. They have a Jap auto gearbox?
Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

It's an Isuzu-designed unit.

Reply to
DervMan

But bear in mind that FIAT originally pioneered the common rail diesel injection system, so the Alfa derived 1.9 turbo diesels engines aren't bad for a rep-mobile. Also found in Vauxhall/Opel cars.

Reply to
johannes

It's a fantastic engine - when it works. Unfortunately, it isn't the most reliable donk around, by any stretch. In some applications it even makes the VAG TDI technology seem quiet and smooth, too. :)

Reply to
DervMan

Now the Saab 1.9 diesel gets turbox2 @ 180bhp. Everything these days is x2, like the dual core processors.

Reply to
johannes

johannes ( snipped-for-privacy@size-nospamme95754-fitter.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Well, not quite. Bosch did. Fiat & M-B were just the first to use 'em.

Reply to
Adrian

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Probably a by-product of GM 'raping' Subaru's technology. Nothing against Subaru of course - their products are top-notch for what they are.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

Only until the 'B' engine was replaced by the 'H' engine.

Craig.

Reply to
Craig's Saab C900 Site

The B20 engine was pure SAAB! The 1854cc was Ricardo for Triumph and Saab, the 1709cc was just Saab.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

Maybe. Whilst the Isuzu engines are not especially well liked, this is in my opinion more to do with how biased the press are towards VAG than the Isuzu donks themselves. My 2.2 is much sweeter to rev than the current multivalve 2.0 TDI 140 engine *and* delivers more under ~2,300 rpm or so.

Reply to
DervMan