What's Next?

Is there anyone else here who liked the direction that SAAB was taking technically and from a design point before they filed?

Where does that kind of thinking go for a new home now?

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 19:57:49 -0400, Aaron W. Hsu wrote (in article ):

I may be the only person to think this, but I really liked the Saab 9-5 designs of the late '00s. I have heard the howls of righteous anger, the "What?!?! You like the GM Saabs?!?!?! Are you stupid?" indignant wails over the years, but I have an '05 wagon and I really like the way it looks as compared to earlier models.

Didn't a number of the design engineers create a stand-alone design company a few months back?

Reply to
rdc

I don't know, but I liked where the Phoenix concepts were going. Do you know if that design language is headed to any other cars, assuming that no buyer shows up, again, for all of SAAB and somehow miraculously reconstructs the company?

Reply to
Aaron W. Hsu

Concur. It was a pleasant change, and it allowed Saab (for better and for worse) to evolve away from the Buicks they were de facto making towards the end. I would assume that if one of the bids were accepted by the bankruptcy protection group (I know that that isn't precisely what it's called, but work with me here...) and Saab comes back online, the independent company where the design folk went to could be folding back into the company or get turned into a company-owned subsidiary or sub-contractor.

Hope so.

- Dean C.

Reply to
rdc