What to look for on a 900 classic

Hi,

I'm looking for my first car at the moment. I'm looking for something special and I don't know why but the Saab 900 classic does it for me. I'm looking at a 1992 Saab 900 2.0i 16 or a 1991 Saab 900 2.1i 16. Both car have done around 250.000 kilometers, which is a lot, but that also makes the price right for me. Can somenone tell me any of the specific problems with this model (all cars have them) and what to look for when buying one of these cars? Pointing me to a direction where I can find more information is very mcuh appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sjoerd van der Wal The Netherlands

Reply to
Sjo

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into alt.autos.saab...

I read somewhere I think, that the 2.1 heads were the weak point and prone to blowing gaskets in a certain year.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

I've heard that also. However, my 1992 2.1L 900S (na) has had no such problem. I might add that, although not as powerful as turbos, the 2.1L na 900s are relatively fun to drive. Major things I've spent money on:

crank pulley AC system inner drive axle

Maybe some other stuff, but that's all that springs to mind ATM. Nothing major really. Runs quite well.

John

Reply to
John B

We didn't get the 2.1 officially in the UK, so I'm only going by european(mainly swedish) and US reports.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo