Saab Service Center in Hampton Roads area in Virginia

Hey, I just want to say that after working 3 years at Bay Saab in Norfolk, I will no longer get my car serviced there. After they ripped me off, I decided that's enough. So if you live in the area and are tired of getting ripped off, or you think you're getting ripped off.... I guarantee you are.

On my 1999 9-3 se, the dealer wanted to charge me over $800 for a 60,000 mile oil change and Barry's told me $400. So give Barry's Performance in Norfolk a call for Saab and Volvo servicing. Yes, I am advertising for Barry's because Bay Saab is overcharging people for services that often were never performed. If you want to save some money, and meet a true devoted Certified Saab Serivce center then it's time to change, Alex

Barry's - 757-623-6568

Reply to
Turbo 9-3

How so?

Um. The 60,000 interval service is a _major service_, not an "oil change". Presenting it as such puts the honesty and motivation for your loaded statements with emotionally charged language in question.

If you have been charged for work that was not performed, your state's attourney general would be quite interested. What did they say when you approached them with this incident you are alleging happend? You _did_ do that, right?

Couple of questions come to mind here, in no particular order:

  1. Does Barry's know you're doing this? Would they approve?
  2. You are aware that the 60,000 mile major service is significantly more involved than an "oil change", and that presenting it as such is dishonest at best?
  3. Does Barry's do the full 60,000 service, and document it in such a way that you won't lose your warranty protection? Are you sure?

By the way, I go to an independant for most of the work I have done, when I don't do it myself. However, badmouthing a dealership while presenting the matter in a less than complete way isn't going to help Barry's business out at all.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Yes, I'm aware that it is a major serive, and not to mention I did work at the dealership. Do the lawyers always have to get involved?

Reply to
Turbo 9-3

OK, so from here, it looks like "disgruntled former employee badmouthing former place of employment". Any chance you, er, work for Barry's? What's the _real_ story here?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I refuse to pull down my pants to anymore pissing contests... and no I don't work for them, and haven't for quite some time

Reply to
Turbo 9-3