Windscreen washer question

Hi,

Can someone please tell me if the L shaped gizmo, which i suspect is a valve, is necessary for a windscreen washer to work correctly.

My washer wasn't working, but after removing the gizmo, works fine.

TIA Ash

Reply to
Ash

It's a non-return valve. The idea is to stop fluid in the line from draining back to the reservoir. It's nice to have, because you get instant squirt, but not essential.

Reply to
Grunff