Winey 9-5 aircon

How whiney should the aircon motor be? When off, the silence is noticeable. At half+ speed we can hear a regular motor whining sound from the front. Is this normal or should I race in full turbo mode to get it checked?

Reply to
Colum Mylod

Since having various AC hoses replaced recently, my AC compressor has been a bit noisy, much as you describe. Still works ok, though. If it fails, I'll know right away of course. And considering the cost of a replacement compressor, plus the non-critical nature of air conditioning (unless you are in the tropics), it seems like something I can safely ignore.

John

1992 900s
Reply to
John B

Fairy nuff. I just wanted to check that it wasn't anything where my usual dose of procrastination might prove fatal or expensive!

25-27C outside today, humidity 80% or worse, I might not want it to pack in right now...
Reply to
Colum Mylod

Perhaps I should have mentioned that my opinion comes with no warranty etc

:)

John

Reply to
John B

Don't worry, it's worth every penny I paid for it!

Reply to
Colum Mylod