2000 LS2 Won't start when it's hot

I recently have been have problems with my car starting. It will star

when the car is cold but after drive for awhile it will not start afte i turn it off. I'm not sure what the problem is but my service engin soon light comes on. The next moring when the car starts the servic light is not on. I have tried high octane gas and fuel system cleane but nothing seem to work. After the car sits for a couple of hours i will start. Has anyone ever had problems and have any suggestion on ho to fix it. The engine will turn over but it will not start. I have foun that if i open the hood the engine cool down faster. Please help!!

-- cugcsc

Reply to
cugcsc

Coolant temperature sensor. It screws into the engine block below the EGR valve. About an $8 part at AutoZone. Don't forget antisieze compound or Teflon tape on the threads when installing. Same thing happened on my 95 SW2 back in November.

Reply to
William Hughes

Reply to
murray