2002 concorde hesitates on acceleration; sometimes won't start

I have a 2002 Chrysler Concorde Lxi 3.5L V6. Sometimes, when accellerating, the car will hesitate. Rarely, it will even refuse to start. I've replaced the fuel pump, but I still have this problem. The "check engine" light is not on.

If anybody has any suggestion as to what may be wrong, let me know.

Thanks, Paul

Reply to
PaulH

When you say "will...refuse to start", I assume you mean the starter spins the engine, but the engine will not run iteslf.

Based on posts on the 300M Club, those symptoms often mean bad fuel pump (which you replaced) or intermittent cam or crank sensors (if I had to pick one to replace, I'd go with cam sensor).

Bill Putney

I hadn't thought of those sensors. (I was betting on the oxygen sensor) I'll definitely look in to them tonight.

Thanks again for your help, Paul

Reply to
PaulH

Reply to
philthy

Do you have a model in particular that you recommend?

Reply to
PaulH