2001 Saturn SL - Reapir cost, Micro V belt replacement?

Check engine light came on at 51,000 miles, said cylinder 1 was misfiring. Diagnosed as intake manifold gasket failure. Picked up the car today, said they had to replace the "Micro V Belt" also. What is a micro V belt?

Bill was:

Saturn I M Gasket Kit = $72.64 Micro V Belt = $25.80

4.6 hours x $65/hr = $299.00 Tax@6.60% = $26.23 Total = $423.67

Is this a fair price?

-Nate

Reply to
Llatikcuf

Micro V is a Serpentine Belt, you know all those little V's. I dont know why they just didnt just say Serpentine Belt or Accessory Belt... (Who the heck says micro v?) I dont think I have a labor time guide for Saturns but just slightly over a dollar a minute for labor is fair.

Reply to
blah blah

Wow, your 2001 SL must be on the same schedual as mine. My intake manifold gasket went right at 50000 miles. Mine cost about $364, but I didn't need a new belt. And now only a couple of months later my head gasket is leaking oil. The quote for the repair is $944.65, and of course if the head is warped or crack the cost goes up from there. The service manager was so non-chalant about it I was just dumbfounded. "So when do you want to schedual that" Har, Har, Har!!! Well needless to say that these two failures along with the transaxle seal replacement last summer made the decision to get rid of the SL an easy. Got myself a nice new, oops, better not say, blah blah might start foaming at the mouth. Good Luck and see you guys later. Zoom-Zoom

Reply to
micven55