Installing remote starter GMC Safari AWD

I will be installing a remote starter kit in My 94 safari AWD with the W engine. I have seen on the net some T harness's for newer models but nothing for a 94 Safari. Does anyone know where I can find a T harness for the ignition plug? Also looking for any other tips Ie the best place to tap into the tack etc.

While I am at it I will offer a tip. I installed a cheap remote starter in a 89 bonneville. Worked fine for two years. I did not install relays for the park lights because I did not need one (small load) Then I bought a trailer with more lights and not thinking about the added load I hooked up the trailer. Well one morning while sitting watching TV the car starter engages the engine starts with the starter still engaged. In a panic I started ripping out wires ten minutes went by before I grabbed a wire cutter and in panic cut the battery wire. The starter still works fine two years later. (lucky)

Took me two days too repair the wires that I ripped out and a month for the skin to grow back on my hands.

NEVER EVER I REPEAT NEVER install an after market starter kit without a kill switch or fuse and always use relays on all outputs regardless.

What had happened is the extra load caused a small ten cent transistor to short in the remote brain box.

Reply to
1234

has BOSCH Relays included in the MAS START 2001

Remote Start / keyless entry

Reply to
Im Right

Been there done that thanks anyway. I can get Bosch relays local for cheaper. I am looking for a harness so as to not have to cut the wires at the steering colum on the van.

Im Right wrote:

Reply to
1234

Reply to