2002 Vue fuel filter connectors

The last item of my 100,000 mile maintanence schedule is replacing the fuel filter. I got a new one from the dealer and started the change. The outlet line came off with no problems, but I can't seem to find how the two inlet lines lines are secured to the old filter. There's a little plastic tab that unsnaps and folds out of the way, but something else is still holding the fitting on. I tried a removal tool (a plastic collar) that I've used to release lines from other types of filters, but that didn't seem to work. Does anyone know the secret to disconnecting these fittings? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
ktyme

Don't know if this is like the ones on my L300 which has a light colored retainer which snaps into the main body with two tabs. The tabs are depressed which releases the retainer to be pulled outward (along the tube). As I recall, there is only an O-ring seal in the main body against the filter. You may have to twist and rock gently to loosen up before separating.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Oppie