98 SL2 Sunroof Clicking

The sunroof on my 98 SL2 makes a loud, repetative clicking noise when I bring it to the closed position. The click continues as long as I hold the switch to close. If I hold the switch in the "vent" position, the sunroof goes past the normal vent position and stops about half way to the full open position.

I believe the problem started when my sunshade became partially detached and impeded the window from closing once. Since then, I've had the problem and I try to avoid it by bringing the window near the closed position, without making it go the entire way.

Any ideas on what I should look for? I have the Chilton manual with an exploded view of the sunroof.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
mgrabows

sounds like either something wrong with the tracking or the motor relay.

marx404

Reply to
marx404