2002 Outback Sunroof Stuck

Today when I went to shut the front sunroof it make a crunching sound. Now it won't open. You can hear the motor then the rear works fine. It won't even push up by hand. Any suggestions. Thanks

Reply to
Jeff

Big Jim

Is this the dual sunroof where the front sunroof pops up and the back sunroof slides open?

I had a chunk of ice slide under mine while open (I cleared it before opening it but a piece slid forwards from elsewhere) and when I went to shut it, it bound up.

Now, it does exactly what you describe except I can open it by hand after running the motor (pressing the open button), and if I hold the window up (gently) the motor will pull it down into position.

I haven't dug into mine, yet.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I tried to open it when the motor was running but that didn't work. I don't really want to bring it to the dealer so I may just live with it. Thanks Jeff

Is this the dual sunroof where the front sunroof pops up and the back sunroof slides open?

I had a chunk of ice slide under mine while open (I cleared it before opening it but a piece slid forwards from elsewhere) and when I went to shut it, it bound up.

Now, it does exactly what you describe except I can open it by hand after running the motor (pressing the open button), and if I hold the window up (gently) the motor will pull it down into position.

I haven't dug into mine, yet.

Dave

Reply to
Jeff

After the motor stops running (where the front one would be open if it worked) try pushing then.\

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp

I am afraid to try it it may not go back. For now at least it doesn't leak and is shut tight.

After the motor stops running (where the front one would be open if it worked) try pushing then.\

Dave

Reply to
Jeff

.
Reply to
Ricky

Mostly, when a Subaru sunroof fail, its bad requiring the entire frame replaced. If its closed, leave it that way. Steve

Reply to
StephenH

.

I heard that to remove the sunroof there are 2 screws under the switch/ light assembly at the front of the sunroof?

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp