broke off coolant sensor in engine 97SL2

I was installing coolant sensor and I guess I tightened it to far and it broke off, leaving the threads(brass)and the the sensor in the engine block.I'm freaked!I have easy out but I need to know precisely just what and how to get out of this mess. Has anyone ever removed this sensor before?It seems like it would be very difficult tapping into the wires,etc that are in the center of this component! please someone help!

Reply to
localyocal

There are reverse drill bits, or I've also heard of them referred to an "ez-out" which should be able to remove that.

You may want to buy yourself a torque wrench and Chilton/Haynes manual if you don't already have them. In the manual you'll find all the proper torque numbers.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

thanks Lane,but I believe I mentioned I had easy out, already in my post.I know I put less than 11 pds torque on that puppy, I realize now their so flimsy made in comparision to the OES sensor.

Reply to
localyocal

The one I bought from NAPA was all brase, I've heard of ones what use plastic, but I thought those were limited to factory installed ones.

What was the material please, and did you use the wrong type of threadlocker?

Oh, what I would to, this is ME of course, I would take your easy out and use a small socket wrench, and try to back it out. If I couldn't do this safely, I would seek professional advice. ;)

imho,

tom @

Tom