Bulb Replacement 2000 Passat Climate Controls

Hi folks,
The lights went out on the three climate controls. I assume it is a single bulb. It there a single bulb behind the fan control in the
center? Is it more complicated than pulling off the knob?
Thanks
Yes & no, it's a 10 minute job!

Thanks.
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 17:07:02 -0500, "Woodchuck"

This just happened on my 99.5 jetta around 50k miles, and happened to my friend's 99.5 Golf at around the same mileage. The Bentley manual doesn't give a clear indication of how to get that stuff apart. I pulled out the radio and the cover plate for the climate controls, but couldn't figure out where to go from there. The screws loosened the mechanism, but not in such a way that it could be removed.
...Sean.
Just pull the fan speed knob off and the bulbs there.