CANADA knows how to sue GM !!!

DETROIT =97 General Motors Corp. has agreed to settle 17 Canadian lawsuits that contend that a defective part in cars made between 1995 and 2003 caused engines to overheat and seize, a lawyer for the plaintiffs said. Colin Stevenson, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, said yesterday that GM will pay car owners $47 to $752 each for costs of repairs related to a faulty engine gasket

I shoulda gone to CANADA and bought my SATURN- PIECE OF CRAP with the casting flaw in the cylinderhead !!! (instead of Saturn or Grand Rapids, Mi)

so shoulda the 100,000 other casting flaw victims who bought Saturns in the U.S. !!

Reply to
misterfact

Except that Saturn covered more than 1/2 my cost to fix, even though my car was not technically one of the years affected and I'd reached > 60,000 miles; I doubt I'd have done any better if I'd made my purchase in Canada. Sometimes ignorance is excusable but MisterFact's history suggests otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a troll. If it weren't that a casual viewer might not know MisterFact's history in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

Reply to
Steve

That sounds strange! Canada wins a class action suit against GM for a non-safety issue like faulty gaskets, but doesn't pusue the bigger, costlier issue of all those cylinder head flaws that causes the head to crack!

Any idea why?! You seem to be knowledgeable on Canadian class action suits.

Reply to
misterfact

snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

ugh my car was not technically one of the years

if I'd made my purchase in Canada.

otherwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a

ry in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

You want to refute the fact that Saturn made over 100,000 cars with casting flaws in their cylinderheads. We've waited years for you to refute this! Come on and refute the "troll"!

Reply to
misterfact

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

was not technically one of the years

I'd made my purchase in Canada.

in this situation -- she/he is simply a

in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

Not only a troll but an illiterate one, at that (where did I refute the casting flaw claim?)! :)

Reply to
Steve

snipped-for-privacy@d77g2000hsb.googlegroups.com...

my car was not technically one of the years

tter if I'd made my purchase in Canada.

rwise in this situation -- she/he is simply a

istory in this ng, I'd have ignored this.

te the casting flaw claim?)! :)- Hide quoted text -

When have you ever seriously refuted anything I've posted? If you can't refute, throw the word "troll" around.

Reply to
misterfact

fute the casting flaw claim?)! :)- Hide quoted text -

Well it's no surprise to see that MisterHack Korman is still the same ol' dementia suffering twit. Its been what, 10 years and he's still got a prickly stick lodged in his... Pathetic.

Reply to
cronus.junkmail

Saturn never had any problem with ANY of their motors, because they don't use motors in the true sense. They use ION power. There are NO moving parts in their propulsion system. You didn't know that, did you? You probably didn't even know that Saturn never even manufactured automobiles.......what you really see on the road are modified space ships. Want to hear more? No, you don't..........................

You want to refute the fact that Saturn made over 100,000 cars with casting flaws in their cylinderheads. We've waited years for you to refute this! Come on and refute the "troll"!

Reply to
Pete KE9OA

I agree,

We are currently on Saturn #4.

My older son has an 02 SC2 he bought used, wife just gave her 05 ION to our other son at college, she has a new Vue and I have an early 08 Sky.

Only problem we ever had was a problem with the ignition switch on damp cold days causing the anti theft to keep the car from starting for a half hour or so. They diagnosed that on the phone and gave us a loaner while it was repaired.

I have no problem with them.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jay R

My 1999 SL2 had the typical oil burning problem, and quick lane changes at

60MPH caused some front end instability, but overall, it wasn't a bad car. Struts may have been the problem, since the front end damping may have been the issue. I traded it in on a 2003 L200, and that car has had no problems whatsoever. When the original owner had her last oil change at the Saturn dealer, some gorilla tightened the oil filter cap so much that it took a box wrench to get it off. It seems that the gorilla cross-threaded the cap when he reinstalled it. I picked up a few new filter/cap sets, and haven't needed to replace the cap after that. A good car, overall.

Pete