Charcoal Evap Canister on 92 Saturn SL

Anyone ever replaced the evap canister on a 92 saturn SL (DOHC) Is it a major operation? Where is it located?

Reply to
daisy_payne

I believe that it is on top of the fuel tank - a real pain to get to. Why do you think that the canister is at fault?

I got a fault code a few times that made me believe that it was the canister. Turned out to be a canister vent solenoid that had failed. That was much easier to replace. Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Evap canister on my 92 SC is in the engine compartment (or below, I can't recall) on the passenger side, near the washer fluid tank.

If you need a replacement canister, purge solenoid, etc - I have them from when I took them out of my 92 SC (when it became a track-only car) that I'd be willing to sell for a reasonable price.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane