Echo Tip...Good Idea?

I own a '92 Saturn SL2...has anyone with the similar make/model used an echo tip or have any suggestions/opinions about using them. Personally I like the semi-big sound that comes out of them.

Any information would be appreciated.

Reply to
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

What is an echo tip? Personally, for both performance and sound, if you are referring to mufflers, I assume, I like Dynomax Superturbo mufflers.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

An Echo Tip is a chrome tip you bolt onto the end of your tailpipe...it has a special inner lining that gives off a resonated sound. I bought one and tried it out...not much difference because it still has the muffler. I've seen them around town and like the look of them, but the performance factor...it's just not worth buying. Go out and spend your money and get the entire system replaced to make it sound tougher.

Reply to
Andrew Stone via CarKB.com

Oh, Pacesetter makes one. you can find it an ina Import Tuner or Sport Compact Mag. ad.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Best sounding 4 bangers are the ones you dont hear...

Reply to
blah blah