Garage Door???

Since you guys know a lot about Saturns, and Cars, in general I thought mabe you could help me out here with an O/T question. The other day I cleaned my roll up metal garage door, and it seemed all right at first, but now it has these spots on it like Oxidation. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Reply to
WGRG3

What metal? Galvanized Steel or Aluminum? Painted or powder coated/baked finish? (Three questions for your three question marks)

Reply to
Oppie
4th question you forgot, Oppie - What did he clean it with? (Some metals like aluminum don't like certain chemicals - Good example is when they introduced the spray rim cleaners when Aluminum rims started to become popular in the 1980's....I remember my sister's boyfriend spraying rim cleaner on my mom's dirty rims...The next day they were pitted and oxidizing...)...

IYM

Reply to
<IYM>

OK, it is an Aluminum door with a baked on beige factory finish. I just used some Walmart general purpose spray cleaner on it, and then I rinsed that off. And now there are some very light (oxidised?) large spots on it. I tried rinsing it again, and that did nothing. Is there some other kind of cleaner I could use to fix this? Thanks!

Reply to
WGRG3