Intermediate shaft seal

Has anyone replaced the intermediate shaft seal on an SL2?

I'm about to do this on my '96 SL2. The seal has an outer protective cage on it that makes using my seal tool not possible.

Any ideas on seating the seal without causing the metal cage to pop out (what happened the last time I did this).

Thanks,

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Advice of a friend who is a Saturn tech to me when I did this job:

Pull out the guard/protector and throw it away. Then replace the seal.

I found it almost impossible to pull out that flimsy metal guard without damaging or bending it up anyway.

Lane [ l a n e @ p a i r . c o m ]

Reply to
Lane

Thanks Lane. That's a good one. No doubt some engineer thought he was creating the uberseal and in the field it reverts back to a conventional part.

Ken

protective

Reply to
Napalm Heart