Ion-3 valet switch

I have noticed that the valet switch on my ION-3 will switch itself over a period of time to the valet position. The switch does not have a "solid" on off position but hangs fairly loose down at about 5 degrees off center. As I drive or open close the trunk the switch will at times move to the other side. One time I open the trunk using the remote control, then when I tried to shut the trunk it bounced off the latch. The valet switch appears to have dead centered itself. Not too bad of a problem since then I just use the key but I hope to have it fixed at 6000 miles.

Worst comes to worst I could tape it down to hold in in place but rather not.

Does anyone have information about this problem?

Thank you

Reply to
Mark