lack of power sl2

Alright,

I have question. All the sudden, my 96 saturn sl2 has lost power. When i step on the gas it takes the car around 6-8 secs to hit 20-30 mph which usually 6-8 secs i hit 60 mph. It feels like its holding back if that makes sense. Could it be the spark plugs/wires? Or the fuel filter? I have noticed though since i filled my tank up yesterday afternoon and traveled around 100-120 miles my fuel needle has barely moved, which driving that far in my car and in traffic it moves usually way more than it did....but i doubt that has anything to do with it?? I was wondering...could it be my transmission going bad??? I do have

173.plus miles on my car. Also 400 more miles i will need to change my oil, maybe that could be it? I doubt that since this has never happened before. I've checked my trans fluid and that was find soooo i dont know what it could be.......Can anyone help out????

thanks bw

Reply to
Everyone Goes Away In The End.

Sounds like injectors could be going, or perhaps a clogged fuel filter, but certainly it sounds like a fuel system problem of sorts.

Reply to
GoAwAy669

Definately sounds like fuel injector is the place to start from what you are saying. I suggest putting in a FI cleaner and see if that helps. Your Saturn shop should have some, or you can try STP for FI. If it is still bad after that, you should have the fuel system diagnosed.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

It could be so many things I would never say its certainly a fuel problem. For starters, has the air filter ever been changed on this vehicle?

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Few days ago I put some cheap fuel system cleanier in my car and now its all better...so now i guess it wasn't a major problem *ahhhhh*

Reply to
Everyone Goes Away In The End.

Had the same here. Wonder if a bunch of bad gas was in the pipe?

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Run another bottle of fuel system cleaner when you refill the tank. Then once the tank has been cleaned out, I'd strongly suggest that you change the fuel filter.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Already the plan for me. Put another dose of cleaner in on my way home and getting the new filter this afternoon.

Ken

wrote

Reply to
Napalm Heart