Lock/Unlock Key Chain "Thingy" not working :)

Wow, what a technical term I'm using, eh?

Well, it works, but I gotta be real close to the car, and hit it 6 or

7 times.

can I replace the battery myself?

do I need to take it to the dealership?

How do I go about changing it, if I can?

This is a 2000 Saturn SC2 Coupe.

Thanks :)

--Eric

Reply to
Eric Holt

Get a quarter. Slide it in the indentation on the side of the remote. Twist it, and pop open the remote. Take the battery out, and take it Wal*Mart. Find one with the same number on it (2032, I think). Buy it. Open the package. Replace battery. Snap remote closed.

No reprogramming or anything is necessary. I assume they didn't change those between 98 and 2000. If they did, then yours may be different.

Reply to
Ratbert