Renault Lagune central key lock

Hello

A friend has a Renault Laguna, with the key (remote control w/2 buttons, and a real key). The electronic key could not close, because teh switch had gone off the PCB. New, after solering it back, the LED flashes (at high speed, like it was on all the time). As I did not have the car, I believed that it was ok. But it does not work anymore. There are 1 or 2 chips there, one from Philips, 7947 if I recall correctly, and a small 8-pin thing in a metal casing (2x3 pins + 2x1 pins). At the latter one, there are missing some components, which seems to have broken (violently) off. It is from 2004 or so. So, what do I do?

It works, it could unlock the car, but not anymore? How does the key work? Where is the code for the car? Can I get a new (second hand) key, and replace some components to transfer the code? Other idea?

BTW: the car works by the key, but the luxus thing would be good :) WBR Sonnich

Reply to
jodleren

Your soldering iron fried the board its probably scrap now

Reply to
steve robinson

My bet is that you're not gonna get anywhere without the dealer's help.

The flashing could indicate a problem with the processor i.e., you burnt it out, or it's expecting some procedure from you after disconnecting the cell. I had to follow a sequence of steps when I replaced my battery on my key fob. It was for a Toyota and the instructions were in the manual. Check your manual.

Reply to
dsi1

jodleren wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b15g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

You *mean* what *did* you do/what happened. Wild guess is that you didn't use a grounding strap when you soldered it and blew out any CMOS- like chips with static electricity.

Reply to
fred