PCV valve -- dealer only?

I've been trying to find a PCV valve for my 2000 Saturn Lseries wagon, with no luck....I've been told they are dealer only items, which is hard to believe, since they are such a common tune-up item. Anyone know?

Thanks,

Terry M.

Reply to
Terry

wagon,

Reply to
progrmr

hmm, I did try napa online, no PCV valve is listed for this Saturn. I stopped in at Carquest, they don't list them either...I'll take your advice and go to a NAPA dealer in person & see if they have one.

I agree with you about the Saturn dealer, I bought this car used, I'm not exactly in love with Saturns. The closest dealer to me is a 1 hour drive, too far for a $3.00 part.

Thanks for the info--

Reply to
Terry

The Saturn dealer 90 minutes from me mails small stuff to me. They don't even charge me for it. If it has to go through UPS, they charge for shipping, though.

Reply to
Ratbert

Reply to
Blah Blah

That's a pretty strong statement, do you have any facts to back that up? Buster

Reply to
Buster

There is no oil valley like you would find in a V engine on a inline engine. The oil fills up the valve cover faster than it can drain back down. The PCV valves are nothing but a tiny little check ball rather than a valve. If the size of the check ball or what its housed in is out of spec oil will get sucked right past it. Aftermarket PCV valves dont stay within spec well enough to warrant the risk of running them.

Reply to
Blah Blah

I bought mine from Lee Auto Parts here in ILL. It clogged faster than the original one that came on my car. 97 SC2. Causing the CES light to come on.

48 k miles later am still using the original. I just clean it out with carb. cleaner whenever it clogs. Dan
Reply to
Mason121

Dan, that's the best idea I've heard yet, I'll try a little carb spray on it and reuse it--

Reply to
Terry