PCV valve on 2001 Frontier

I have followed this group from time to time for a couple of years and have found good advice here. As I finally have a new server that allows me to post, I can finally pose a question of my own.

My Frontier has the 2.4 L engine with auto trans and factory air. It has standard US emissions configuration, AFAIK. I did a tune up at 80K plus miles a few months ago. I bought OEM plugs, wires, cap, rotor, breather filter, air filter, and PCV valve from an online supplier. The catalog listed the PCV for my truck. I have an electronic version ( pdf files ) of the Nissan factory shop manual. They both tell me to replace the valve. I can't find it. I took it to a local garage, accepting they might think me an idiot. They can't find it, either. Every vehicle I have had for the last 30 years has the valve at the air filter housing, or in the tube leading to it.

The manual has no useful illustrations I have been able to find. Does this vehicle actually have a PCV valve, or was it omitted for some reason?

Anyone who can offer an idea, or has experience to share, please let me know.

Thanks, Kevin

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Kevin Marsh

I believe it is under the intake manifold and a bear to get to.

Striker

Reply to
Striker

** Posted from
**
Reply to
Kevin Marsh

I replaced the PVC valve on my truck at 160,000 miles and it still was good.

Striker

Reply to
Striker