2006 ION fails to start after sitting in the sun.

I have a 2006 Saturn Ion (6000 miles/< 6 months old) and have had starting problems 5 or 6 times. It always seems to be when it has been sitting in the sun. Sometimes I turn the key and NOTHING happens. Sometimes it turns over but does not start. Multiple tries leads to the same thing or both scenarios happening. Sometimes it will eventually start (even in the sun) but it has always started once the car has cooled down/in the shade. It happened yesterday and I dropped it off at a dealer this AM. Have not heard a word yet but, as I told them on the note I left, I fully expect that it will start unless it has been sitting in the sun. Any ideas? Similar experiences with the ION? Other Saturn vehicles?

Disappointed ... my VUE never had ANY problems.

Reply to
niplig

I would look for a connector that is no fully seated properly and that when it heats up and expands it does not make contact. Problem likely inside car/dash area.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

There have been some simular issues which usually lead to the BCM (body control module).

Reply to
BläBlä

When This happened. Was the seurity light flashing? If so is is the ignition passlock switch is not reading the correct resistance as the key in turned. If the resistance is not read correctly by the BCM it will set secuurity tamper mode and disable the ignition. The dealer will change the passlock switch at the first visit if this problem happened.