Quieter tires for VUE?

Anyone want to recommend quieter tires for the VUE? I like my 2004 a lot - it drives really well, et cetera - but the tires are just plain LOUD, especially on some of the poor-quality concrete roadbeds in the SF Bay Area. I'm wondering if a change of tires will quiet the ride some, or if it's just something I'll have to live with.

best mh

Reply to
meh1963

Michellens

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

Consumer Reports rates tires quite frequently. Check it out at the library. The only problem is that some tires get hard and noisier overtime...... like some Goodyear Eagles LS that I got rid of.

Reply to
Art

My independent Goodyear dealer, who's been around seemingly forever, sold me some Goodyear something-or-others. Problem was that they are a very soft rubber to dampen noise and they wore out in maybe 20,000 miles. Since they had a higher rubber content, they also cost maybe twice as much as most other tires. They were a lot quieter and they gripped far better than the harder rubber Michelin's on the vehicle now. The heat also takes its toll on the softer rubber tires should you venture into the Valley in the summer. There's a trade-off there somewhere.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

You might try checking out this site . . .

have tire reviews.I just bought 2 tires from them to match the factory Bridgestones -great on-line shopping experience and next-day delivery.

Reply to
Chuck