Re: SES Light 2000 LS 2

Bob,

There is a TSB covering your problem. Code 1811. The fix is a new Control Pressure Valve, new oil pump shaft and re-program. These are updated parts. I have had the same problem.

I have a 2000 LS 2 v6 with traction control. The service engine light will > come on and the car seems to shift a little harder than normal. If you shut > the car off the light goes off for a dya or two then will do the same thing. > I have tried to have the codes read at two different shops and they both > could not get any trouble codes from the computer, in fact the info they > were getting was way off. (the computer showed the enginge reving at 15000 > rpm when it was at idle, and other false data) > Is there a seperate transmission control unit that could be out of whack? > Am I stuck bending over at the dealer cuz this car is out of warranty? > thanks in advance > bob > >
Reply to
Brian Hurley