Re: SureDrain

I've not tried either of these, but what with all the talk of ramps to change the oil?!?!

I do it without jacking the car up, if it's just the oil :)

Yeah, it can be done if you're crafty enough, and it sure makes it a lot faster too - pull plug, go in, wipe it off, come back out, stick it back on, refill. This would be REAL easy if GM had put the drain plug to the front (I suppose this is a bad idea, somehow, though)

I guess having that funny black plastic thingie under the front of car fall off a few months ago helps, though. And cardboard or a carpet under the car so you don't get garage gunk in your hair.

I have an aversion to ramps ever since I drove a bit too far up a pair a few years ago :(

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

You must be skinnier than we are! I can do it without ramps on my Explorer, but not on the Saturn. I still have the black air deflector, though.

Reply to
Ratbert

Yeah really, you must be a really little shit! I don't think my drain pan has enough room to go under, much less myself! (although one could probably get the drain plug by reaching behind the pass tire - but you still have the filter to worry about.....)

Reply to
BANDIT2941

*looks at belly*

I wish :(

The trick is to use a kitty litter type pan, then just streeeeeetch your arm and wrench behind the oil pan and get the plug.

It's NOT that hard once you've done it :)

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski