Re: Water leakage on front passenger floor

I have this exact same problem, not sure which of the three issues it is because I know nothing about cars and I just bought this one a few months ago.

The mechanic didn;t have a clue what it could be. (How is that even possible?)

I don't have a standing puddle but the carpet is soaked and I am afraid of mold especially since the warm weather isn't around anymore to dry it up. Did anyone have success with any of the methods suggested?

Reply to
96SaturnSL2

FWIW, I had the same problem with a 90 Dodge... after about three months it just cleared itself up, but by that time there was mold. (in the summer)

XINO

Reply to
Xino Kiner

Do you have a sun roof?

If so, it's likely your drain is plugged, or has come off its nipple. It's an easy fix on my '94...not sure about your '96. If you have a sun roof, call saturn and ask the mechanic how to get to your drain hoses.

Good luck.

Reply to
Barry Schnoor

I'm suprised no ones said this yet. This post was a reply to an older message i think because I dont see the original thread. I think the likely cause for this was a plugged evap drain. If its coming from anywhere else you can find out with 2 people and a simple garden hose.

Reply to
Blah blah

Another possible cause (happened on my SC2)-- there is a foam gasket around the inlet and outlet pipes for the heater core. It's between the core and the firewall. If this works loose or deteriorates enough, water that runs down the firewall from the cowl outlets (those two little flaps at the top of the firewall) will run into the firewall opening and wind up pooling on the passenger side floor.

Dave

96SaturnSL2 wrote:

Reply to
Dave

I had a similiar problem in a Rabbit, I eventually figured out it started after the windshield was replaced (and the windshield gasket was not). Had to have the windshield pulled and a new gasket put on to stop the leak.

Reply to
Nick Hull