seat belt moduel

what does one look like? and can i do it myself?, I know it is located under the e-brake.

Reply to
regigi

I have a 94 SL1. I found that annoying noise making piece of crap under the AC/Heater controller. It's light blue in color. When it's unplugged, you will disable the chimes for the seat belt reminder, key left in the ignition, and the seat belt dash light. My module still works, at least untill a find a sledgehammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
A A

I think that he may be referring to the module that controls the power seat belts on the early Saturns, and that one is under the center console, right where you'd put your drink (before there were cupholders). It's an easy job to swap it. I recall only 4 screws to allow you to raise the console enough to get in there and yank it out.

If anyone needs a module, let me know as I have an extra that I'd sell for a reasonable price (and about 1/10th of what it would be at a Saturn retailer's pars department).

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane

Just for reference, up through 94 they had power shoulder belts but no cup holders, starting in 95 they had manual/combination NON powered seat&shoulder belts and LOTS of cup holders. (also starting in 95 they had a passenger side air bag and came in green, but I digress)

ron herfurth a still bitter 94 owner

Ron Herfurth