Setting idle rpm

My manuals are packed away from moving recently. The idle speed on my

97 SL-1 AT has creeped up to around 900rpms over the last few years. Could someone briefly tell me how to lower the rpms? Sure would appreciate it. TIA
Reply to
MR

The IAC valve controls the idle. It could be bad or in need of a cleaning or you could have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Reply to
blah blah

Don't think you can, it's all computer control. I believe there is a low speed stop(keeps the trottle open a little), but nothing to change the idle.

Might want to break out those manuals, for real advice.

hth,

tom @

The Real Tom

yes i was told that the idle is pre-set. i am having some problems with my idle as well.

Reply to
had2be