Tape Player Replacement

i have a 95 saturn sl2 and the tape player has died recently. i am trying to remove the unit from the car but have not been able to figure out how to get at it.

any infor would be most apprciated.

thanks

leon

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
devraj50

The best buy boys will remove it when they install your new one for free.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

there are 2 push clips on the sides of the console. remove hte 2 side trim covers, push in the centers of those pins, and then remove the cover. There are tehn 2 10mm bolts holding in the radio, if I remember correctly (it's been a few years).

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

I'm not sure of the 95 interior is similar to my 92. If so then all you have to do is carefully pry off the center console trim (it holds the vent grille as well). You can easily to this with your fingers. Once the trim is off, you will see two bolts on each side of the radio. Take them out and carefully remove the radio, disconnect the rear cabling and you're done.

Alex

Reply to
navaidstech