Tires

I have 1996 Saturn SL2 and was wondering what would be the best tires to get for performance for rain on roads... I really can't find anything special
for the standard 185/65 R 15 size but I did find the Goodyear Triple Assurance with a size of 195/60 R15...
Any suggestions and help would be appreciated..
Thanks,
Ben

tires to get

special
I like my Continental ContiExtremeContact 205/55/15's, but they are wearing out quick. Might end up getting 35,000 miles out of them. They do stick really well on wet pavement.
Ken 96 SL2
I had Contis on my 94 SL2, they were great. I also had great luck with BF Goodrich tires. If you are on a budget, you can buy a good brand if you can find it, called Semperit. They are made by Continental. Sears sells the BF Goodrich pretty inexpensively.
marx404
I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and he said he is using the BF Goodrich Traction TA on his Volvo and he said they are great and the price is pretty good..

Will that size work on stock rims.. I have the nice alloy rims..

I have mine on stock rims. Work fine.

Triple
are
I've never done performance rain tires. I used to run summer tires that were okay in rain. They were size 205/55-15's on the factory alloys on my 97SL2. I like Bridgestone RE730's (they got noisy at about 9,000 miles and I think have been discontinued). And I really like the Bridgestone Pole Position S03's. Both were soft are wear quickly (especially the Pole Positions)... www.tirerack.com has been my fave source over the years.

Just went through this with our 96 SL2. Went to Sam's and got 195 60 r15 BFG traction TA for less $$$ than the stock size AAMOF less $$$ than for anything I looked at anywhere FWIW. Larry