Transaxle Oil Weight?

What's the recommended transaxle gear oil weight for a '97 DOHC manual?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
Mike G.

I believe it's the same stuff they put in the automatics.

Reply to
Skid

Dexron III ATF.

Even though it's a manual box, they recommend Dexron III ATF.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Thanks for the info, that's really interesting and the first time I've ever run across using ATF in a manual. Is the ATF just a slightly lighter weight oil than say 80W-90 gear oil?

Mike

Reply to
Mike G.

Hmm, even on the newer ones.

Oh yes, BTW, you might wanna change it every 100,000 miles. I changed mine at 200k and it looked like mud. No idea how it gets that way, but mine sure did.

There's friction material in there?

(My Harley, it goes in red, comes out red. It's constant mesh, but not synchro *shrug*)

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski