VORTEX VALVE A REAL SCAM

I put that junk in my toyota 4runner and i got about 1 mpg less in performance. this is a real junker item and don't wast your money on it!

Reply to
pmed00

Really? What a surprise. And by a surprise I mean that I am surprised that anyone would have to buy one to figure this out.

Reply to
satyr

I guess when you're paying over $3 a gal for go-juice you'll try anything. Remember the one where you lay magnets along your fuel line for better MPG?

Reply to
Skip

Yeah, well like a fool, I fell for the stupid magnit thing about 15 years ago too. I think that scrap metal Vrotex Valve is A gimmic desinged by OPEC!

Reply to
pmed00

Is the vortex the same as the "Tornado"?

Reply to
Scott

Yep the vortex, Tornado, or any hokey device that you simply stick in yer intake pipe that makes crazy claims of extra mpg or hp is pure bunk.

btw - years ago, I found the ultimate device which is guaranteed to keep your mpg up but does have the drawback of less useable hp with it installed. It's called the "Wife 'o Matic 2000" and it works like this:

Say you are driving down the road and some annoying dork in a Honduh with and oversize fartcan pulls up next to you. If your RPM gets too high as you step on the accelerator and pass the annoying dork, the Wife 'o Matic 2000 automatically kicks in with an audible alert warning you to slow down.

The Wife 'o Matic 2000 requires no modification, bolts or wiring. Simply place the Wife 'o Matic 2000 on the driver's seat and installation is complete! We guarantee you will notice the gain in your mpg immediately! Sorry, no COD, no money back returns, all sales are final.

The Wife 'o Matic 2000 alerts you in three modes: Audible warning - some sounds included: Slow Down, Why do you always do that?, Your going to get a ticket, I hate when you drive and more. Visual display - the Wife 'o Matic 2000 points toward your dashboard Slapping mode - alerts you with a brisk slap on the arm Silent mode (aka City mode) - Special "Silent Treatment" Stealth Technology Sigh mode (aka Quiet mode) - emits a warning sigh and invokes the Silent mode

Order now, and we will upgrade your Wife 'o Matic 2000 model with the New Improved Slapping Mode Feature! Along with the audible warning, your Wife 'o Matic 2000 will also alert you with a brisk slap on the arm. Never miss another Wife 'o Matic 2000 alert because of a loud radio again!

marx404

Reply to
marx404

The cheapest and most effective mileage enhancer is a block of wood under the gas pedal. Seriously.

People forget - fuel burn is like 98-99% on modern engines, and it's getting better because better burn = less HCs.

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Sure, you may enjoy savings of higher MPG that a Wife 'o Matic 2000 gives you, but I've heard that the maintenance costs for that option alone make it not worth the benefit. :)

Lane

Reply to
Lane

Oh yes, they're all crap. When we had carburetors they had all kinds of scams around them. They need to be more creative today.

Reply to
Box134

Popular mechanics had an article on these 'savers'

I think that none of the equipment tested improved the mileage and in fact made it worse and lost engine power.

Reply to
Oppie