VUE radio install

Hello,

Has anyone themselves installed a new radio into a VUE yet??

I want to talk to someone who has done it themselves, to ask how they got the main panel off that frames the radio and other user controls. Was it hard? Is it clips that holds it in? etc....

Thanks,

Reply to
Woody39

I have installed a radio in the VUE. Crutchfield sent me an excellent set of instructions. You have to remove the gearshift surround (it is held on with clips only - pull from the top edge)). Then you disconnect the wiring from the gearshift surround so you can move it out of the way. With the gearshift surround removed, you can access four screws that retan the radio surround and the compartment under the radio. Once these screws are removed, the radio surrond can pop off (only clips left

- pull from the buttom). There are a bunch of electrical connectors that you will need to disconnect. Also, be sure you note the position of the temperature control knob so you can get it back to the right place. There is a yellow dot on the back of the control, so line that up before you disconnect the mechanical linkage (it is held on with a snap fitting).

Ed

Woody39 wrote:

main panel off that frames the radio and other user controls. Was it hard? Is it clips that holds it in? etc....

Reply to
C. E. White