Replacement Radio for 97 ES Discovery

Hello there, I've got a friend with a 97 ES Discovery (Australian Spec) who would like to replace the radio (Phillips I think) as most of it's buttons have dropped off. Looked at getting an orginal equipment replacemnet but the suppliers charged like wounded bulls. He would like it to be compatible with the radio controls (satiion/volume)on the steering wheel.

Has anyone done this? What did you use?

The other Tim

Reply to
Tim Wise

Hi Tim

Any chance you can get replacement buttons? The cd track skip buttons on my 98es have fallen off also if it is a commonish problem the parts may be available.

Reply to
the ickys

I replaced my original landrover radio/cass with a Sony CD tuner and 10 disc changer, It came with (as an extra) an 'in-line' remote that plugs into the original wiring, allowing you to use the buttons on the dash. Works fine, sometimes a little slower than before, but to be honest, the Sony also came with a remote control which makes life so much easier that I hardly use the dash buttons anymore! Willie B '96 300tdi Disco Scottish Borders Spec

Reply to
Willie B

The buttons on mine started falling off too, got a Sony unit that plays MP3s, it's only a single disk unit but I get about 11 CD worth of tracks on

1 CD. This too has a remote so I don't miss the buttons.

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon