Where's the hydraulic clutch bleed valve for a 1994 SL2

The fluid got low on the hydraulic clutch and it quit working. I filled up the reservoir and it's now working OK, but feels a little spongy and I don't think the clutch if fully engaging. I don't see an obvious bleed valve on the slave cylinder, but it's partially burried beneath the battery tray, which I have not had time to remove. Is there a bleed valve somewhere, and if so, what has to be removed to get to it?

Thanks.

--Dave

Reply to
dhumes001

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

I don't see an

The system is not ment to be bled. If it is getting low on fluid, you most likely have a leak - you should replace them. takes 15 minutes, a few more if you have ABS.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller

Yeah that fluid had to have gone somewhere. Sealed system... Btw I've seen people ask about how to bleed the hydraulic clutch before. It "self bleeds" given enough time. Since it doesnt make bends up and down or run the length of the car the air bubbles go straight up thus working themselves out.

Reply to
Blah blah

Reply to
user

Reply to
dhumes001

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

Um, are you sure you're looking at the right thing??? you won't be able to see the clutch hydraulics move - I think what you're looking at is the actual shift tower - that sensor is the reverse sensor. The clutch switch is inside the car on the pedal. There are no sensors on the hydraulics. The slave cylinder is underneath the air box on the front of the transmission.

Reply to
Kevin M. Keller