Where's the hydraulic clutch bleed valve for a 1994 SL2

The fluid got low on the hydraulic clutch and it quit working. I filled up the reservoir and it's now working OK, but feels a little
spongy and I don't think the clutch if fully engaging. I don't see an obvious bleed valve on the slave cylinder, but it's partially burried beneath the battery tray, which I have not had time to remove. Is there a bleed valve somewhere, and if so, what has to be removed to get to it?
Thanks.
--Dave
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:
I don't see an

The system is not ment to be bled. If it is getting low on fluid, you most likely have a leak - you should replace them. takes 15 minutes, a few more if you have ABS.
--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com

Yeah that fluid had to have gone somewhere. Sealed system... Btw I've seen people ask about how to bleed the hydraulic clutch before. It "self bleeds" given enough time. Since it doesnt make bends up and down or run the length of the car the air bubbles go straight up thus working themselves out.
I replaced mine, the hydraulic unit, on a 93. There was no bleed valve. If you do replace it, when removing your battery, also remove the battery plastic housing, as it'll make rerouting the hydraulics a breeze. It routes under that battery housing. Also see a Haines, or Clymer, or other tech book if you can get your hands on one. It's easy to replace, with reconnecting the clip to the shaft/pedal being the most difficult. I used a mirror and flashlight just to blindly see where to put that clip back on. Good luck.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

I looked at this some more last night and realized there's something about this clutch that I don't understand. With the car either off or running, depressing the clutch results in no movement of the piston on the slave cylinder. However, moving the shifter away from the neutral position results in movement of the slave piston whether the clutch is egaged or not. I see what appears to be a sensor on top of the slave cylinder, which I thought was the switch that tells the computer that the clutch is engaged when starting the car. Now, I wonder if it does more than that.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

an
get
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net typed until their fingers bled, and came up with:

Um, are you sure you're looking at the right thing??? you won't be able to see the clutch hydraulics move - I think what you're looking at is the actual shift tower - that sensor is the reverse sensor. The clutch switch is inside the car on the pedal. There are no sensors on the hydraulics. The slave cylinder is underneath the air box on the front of the transmission.
--
Visit the Saturn Performance Club - http://www.saturnperformanceclub.com