16" wheels

I recently saw a 1961 Lark description that said it had 16" wheels. Anybody know if this is possible?...Lou

Reply to
Larkylou

Sure. Just use a smaller sidewall tire. I think it's called one off or something like that. The result is the same diameter as the original.

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

"plus one" - rule of thumb, go up one inch in wheel diameter, ten mm in tire width, and go down 10% in aspect ratio. i.e. if stock is 225/75R15 then a "plus one" tire would be 235/65R16

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yeah, that's what I meant! ;-)

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

so,if iwant to go wider/wheel and tire size...

Reply to
Larkylou