'34 "Stugatti" Rod in Street Rodder Mag

Anyone spotted the 1934 Studebaker sedan converted into a dual cowl convertible in the Sept. "Street Rodder"? Powered by a Ford V10, the sedan was morphed into a phantom Bugatti styled luxo-rod with faux caning on the sides, dual Packard sidemounts, and full-power convertible top. This four door Stude rod was very well done - gorgeous in concept and in execution.

Don't know where it's headed next, but maybe we'll see it on the show circuit for awhile, then sold by Craig Barrett for a ridiculous sum. In

10 years an SDC member will be able to buy it for much less and bring it to an International Meet to appall the purists.
Reply to
zoombot

Here's a pic -

zoombot

Built it in two years and cubic money. Very nice execution.. The 'caning' on the side was the wife's idea. She saw pictures of fancy cars at the fancy car shows (Pebble Beach, Amelia Island, Wal-Mart) and thought it would be a neat feature. The husband, realizing where the real power is in the universe acquiesced and put the caning on the side. (Good thing it's just a vinyl sticker and can come off after this show season)... I also like the idea of using the second of the dual sidemounts as storage for the jack and small stuff) All in all, I like everything about the car except the caning (but the caning wants me to go on a picnic).. The builder, Nissen's Hot Rod Garage has built some real fine machinery:

PS: (as a side note to Calvin) They also built a V10 Viper powered '40 Packard...

Jeff Rice