53 stude choptop roadster on e-bay,studes for sale-good or bad?

Hello: Anyone have an opinion and value on this car? Not for the purist,but different,never been a fan of cars without tops in fl land of sudden showers,but could live with this one. Regards,Sheldon

Reply to
shel_elias

My comments-mainly just questions? Why oh why do they have to ruin a near perfect front end in a misguided effort to make it "different"? Look at all the work that went in to creating something that looks much worse than the original. With 4 seats, I wouln't call it a roadster, but it does look like it was shortened. Hard to tell from the pictures and skimpy description(need to talk to JP). It's been in storage 43 years, but it has a late model Bonneville grill? So it was taken out of storage, and then ruined? Was the frame reinforced? No top at all, so it could be a fun parade car. A similar car, a little rough but with an intact frontend, shortened and with a removeable top sold on eBay for about $6,500 recently. A pretty nice conversion, shortened, supercharged and with a functioning convertible top was for sale at Omaha for $65,000. I suspect this one would probably fall somewhere between those two.

S2DSteve

shel snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
S2DSteve

Why do you guys do this and not give the URL?

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Reply to
John Poulos

The mods look very cleanly done, much nicer effect than the ones I've seen with the Firebird front treatment. Wasn't the frame stronger to begin with on the hardtops? Might be why he used one of those rather than a coupe. All in all, looks like a well crafted custom, I wouldn't mind driving it even though I agree that the stock front end is damn hard to improve on.

S2DSteve wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

if body changes were done with lead i bet it weighs a lot,i hope he didn't chop up a good front end. price is what ever market will bear.i personally would have to change the front end before i would drive it.most definitely a custom but to each his own.

Reply to
rideevo

A chunk of sheet metal, a box of pop rivets, and a gallon of Bondo are a lot cheaper than the two grille surrounds ... Betcha it's a flexi-flyer... Kind of interesting, but only on nice days. Jeff (Is beauty really only skin deep?) Rice

rideevo wrote:

Reply to
Jeff