'55 dashes

If I were a betting man, I'd wager that in '55, Studebaker took the '53-'54 Champion dash and put it in all the non-wraparound models. Note the clock location. I'd bet they just took out the previous hunk of chrome (with the instruments in it) out and put in the other hunk of chrome and called it the '55. They deleted the hunk of chrome that spread across the earlier dashes with the switches and cigarette lighter in it and thereby saved a hunk of money.

Furthermore, I'm sure there are many who know that if you REALLY want to fake out your Stude NOT IN THE KNOW friends, you can take the '50-'51 speedo and other gauges and put 'em in the '55 holes of the non-wraparound dashes. So you can have a black-lighted '55 dash.

Do you suppose that Studebaker KNEW they would fit or it just happened? But what were they thinking when they put those chrome bullets in the glass, particularly the Prez?

I gotta get a life!

John

Reply to
johnnywiffer

I think that you're right; the only difference that I see is the mounting holes and possibly the radio opening. It's definitely the same stamping, anyway.

I *could...* but I can see them at night now!

If I were a betting man I'd guess that the only difference in the gauges is the needles and faces.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Just remember that you are going to add to your collection of treasure during Christmas week...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire