I've gone over to the DARK SIDE...

OK, I am an official heretic. After many months of agonizing, I took the Cruiser to my cousin's auto accessories shop, and had him cut the dash and install a CD player.

My Studebaker advisor counseled me to "let the purists worry about the dash when you're dead and gone..." and so far, no remorse.

The dash looked sort of goofy with the holes for the padded surround showing, and some factory glue as well, so I got a buddy to cut the steel of the surround to go over the new device, and it's back in place. Not a perfect fit, but I can live with it.

Surprisingly, the Pioneer tuner is far superior to what I had with the Delco AM and the FM converter.

Hey, at least there's still a Stude mill under the hood!

Tunefully,

Dave Miller Sylvester, GA.

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Thanks for butchering another one. That makes one less survivor to appreciate in the future. You didn't drive a salt-truck at one time too, by chance? KK

So. Ga. Cruiser wrote:

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Well, I guess that I "butchered" the dash of my Daytona to install the air conditioning vents. But, the butcher sure is comfortably DRIVING his Studebaker long distances in the heat of the summer.

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

keith snipped-for-privacy@wed.dresser.com wrote:

Reply to
Jim Bradley

Shortsighted poster, Keith is... He doesn't appreciate Studebakers at all by making statements like that. Appreciating a Studebaker doesn't mean leaving them to rot, either. Pampering, babying, modernizing, driving, and enjoying them are more like it. I like turkey meat too, but don't appreciate trying to eat a ten year old bird that hasn't been butchered. Jeff (Feathers are hard to chew and swallow) Rice

"Jim Bradley" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

Looks like a very neat installation. Wish my old '63 Cruiser had air like that.

Reply to
mcavanti

I've seen Jim's installation and it is VERY neat. I don't consider his dash defiled and I'm kind of hard nosed about that sort of thing, Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Damn Keith, I am amazed you could even read Cruisers post with your cranium obviously rammed so far up your rectum! "Welcome to the Studebaker News Group,dont be a Dickhead"

Reply to
SuckinGas AnHaulinAzz

It's my opinion and I'm standing by it. If you have an opposite view, I respect that as well, but I'm not going to insult you for taking a stand on it. Please clean up your act. Merry Christmas to you as well. KK

Reply to
keith_kichefski