'56 hawk power seat option

I have a '56 Hawk without the optional power front seat. Can this standard front bench seat be converted to a powered seat? What parts would need to be changed out and does anyone have the parts necessary to do this conversion. Also, is the power lever switch the same switch as used for the power window, passenger side? Was this a rare option?

Thanks, Don C.

Reply to
Radsman

Not all that rare. You'll need the power seat frame, motor and drive screw. The switch mounts on the seat frame.

Radsman wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I got a power seat from for my Hawk on E-Bay, the mounting of the anchor part of the motor is a bit tricky. You should re-enforce the floor, or use HUGE washers, there is a lot of torque. Use a relay rather than 'hot wiring' the seat. BTW, the power seat option changes the pitch of the seat. I has a higher curve, than the normal non power seat frame.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass