Power Window Switch??

have a 96 ES with a dead passenger side power window switch. The driver control won?t operate the window either; guess they are wired together. Seems like a broken spring as the switch just flops up and down now.

How hard is this to fix? I know I can replace a switch if I can get to it. What is involved in disassembling the arm rest? Any step by step help available. Is the switch a Camry unit (I hope), or Lexus proprietary?

Any advice is appreciated as I don?t want this to turn into a $400 dealer visit. Thanks.

Reply to
TANKIE

I don't have any specific information, but you're almost certainly going to have to take the interior door panel off. Most cars mount their door panels the same ... with a series of clips around the perimeter and possibly a hidden screw or two in the armrest area. It often helps to have a special tool to get to the clips, but if you're patient and have something like a putty knife, you can do it without. If you can find any tutorials on mounting replacement speakers for car audio upgrades, you can probably find someone who has described the process and/or has pictures. There might be something on clublexus.com. Anything that would be applicable to the Camry might work for the ES.

It is not a hard job, but if you just start yanking, you can really do some serious damage, so you might want to take it to a professional.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen