7:30 AM and the SDC site is still off the air...

for about an hour...

Reply to
SilverStude

It was off-line at 6:30 this morning, so it's been down for a while.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Here I am thinking about getting laid and you guys have helped me see the light!!!! Should I be having SDC withdrawl???

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
itraseecab

Been out all night. I tried to log in at 2AM Pacific Time and it was down then. I suspect a server has blown up.

Reply to
showbizkid

Chatted with Bob Shaw via email this morning, The server is down. The SDC site is hosted so the ISP is working to get it back on line as soon as possible. The situation is not controlled by the Web Master so we'll all have to be patient. That's the word. . . .

Henry Votel Forest Lake, MN

Reply to
gudim

Just in... It seems that a Qwest fellow (apparently not a Studebaker fan) with a backhoe was working on a downtown Minneapolis construction project last night and dug up and cut all the dsl lines, cutting off most all Internet connection for the downtown area (where the SDC site is hosted). Methinks he's in big trouble. Word is that it'll be fixed by noonish. Good thing is, it wasn't fried hard drives or hackers. As Henry says, we just need to wait and it'll eventually come back online.

Bob Shaw SDC webmaster

Reply to
rrshaw

Is this hosted by a single server in some's home office or on a large website hosting site? You know ones with redundant everything (drives, ISP's, network connections). That's how my personal website is hosted... and I pay something like $100/yr. to have them host and backup the site.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Not related to this problem, but to answer Lee's question... The SDC host is fully redundant plus a full off-site back-up every 7 days or less.

Reply to
rrshaw

Which has me asking... then why is it down? I first suspected an DNS attack, but it sounds like it's a hardware problem from what I'm hearing.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Nevermind... I need to read the entire thread before asking more questions. Not much you can do when your connection is physically cut.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

and how do you feel about that.............................

Reply to
oldcarfart

So how is that Dr. Phil home psychiatrist course going?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud