always a first time

I have been collecting and selling studebaker parts for the fun of it for 25 years, never got rich, can't on stude parts, but that was never really what it was about................for the first time i haven't got paid..it has been several months now with casual reminders.so I guess I am out the $95 dollars.....$25 of which was my money to ship, I rarely expected early payment, this was a hobby, squeezed in with my everyday family life, which doesn"t leave much time...............so keep my steering column{you know who you are} won' bother you anymore....

Reply to
JTlark63

You know the best way to combat this sort of thing, and help other SDC members? Tell who the individual is. Ours is such a small community, one of several things will happen. The fella will fess up and square himself. The community will come together to apply pressure on the individual to make good, or the word will get out that the individual isn't to be trusted any longer. Mr. Bad Boy see how many parts, or help you"ll get from people then! Now, the other thing. If you've advertised in the TW, you can also send in a written complaint about a non paying dead beat club member. Remember, all members have a yearly free add they can place in it? In the past, this has resulted in several bad boys being banned from the club. Bad enough out on the streets, we just don't need this kind of crap amongst club members! Life is just to short to have to deal with this kind of nonsense.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Agreed. Hopefully the perp will take the hint before being outed and save himself some embarrassment. I have been selling Stude parts for 25 years now myself, and have had very few dead beats & hot checks. What is really bad is Stude folks who will steal off af vendors tables at meets, which has happened to me and others I know of. Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry

I would post that he has 10 days to get payment to you, or you'll post his name to protect others from future trouble.

Barry wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

My father taught me not to steal...also never to steal from your family...To steal from a stude person at a met is the same as stealing from your family in my book...Shame...You need it that bad just ask for it and if I had it I would give it to you...

Post the name now cause these type people can't be shamed,they count on you not speaking up here as well...Least others venders can be warned to watch out for them...I speak from business experience contracting here...

Lansing

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small