AM Radio

No, but you'll end up with a CD player with AM radio sound. (Limited frequency response and dynamic range, poor signal to noise ratio. )

Len wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

It would be good for me - I can hitch it to my PC and wander about my vast estates listening to BBC R-4 or R-7, LMAO at comedies loonier than the talk radio that so many here seem tuned into.

Karl

FYI The GBP equals about $2.00, a lot more than it did a few years ago.

Reply to
midlant

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Actually, Pat, there is quite a market for something like this; people who have restored antique radios, and want to play them with a program source appropriate to the era of the radio, or simply music they like, as opposed to the crap on AM these days.

Stude owners with an original radio in their car would also be a potential market. There are a number of ready-made units like this in the marketplace; you needn't go to the UK to get one.

I have an iRiver FM modulator to play my mp3 player through the FM stereo radio in my Suburban; if I were going to go on a long trip in a Stude with AM radio, I'd build myself an AM modulator; they are a pretty simple device.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I converted the radio in my 52 ragtop to am/fm, had an "extra" converter installed in the radio, I also have a cd changer under the seat. I still don't get it, radio is 6 volt pos. ground, cd changer is 12 volt neg. ground (yes Dave, they're grounded well) and they work great! I record my own cd's and play what I like.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Turner